Friday, May 1, 2009

This Could Be A Long One (you might want to grab a snack)

I know I haven't posted for a long time and I am going to use the same old lame excuse everyone else uses. I've Been Busy! April was a crazy month for us. Seems like life is so boring and then everything happens at once. Well here is a little taste of our month.

Let me try and start at the beginning................

Dal's parents just celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary! Yep, that is correct - 50 years!

The siblings all had a party for them on April 11th at the Coyote Creek Equestrian Center in Saratoga Springs, family came from all over to attend.

Here are a few pictures of the party.


Dallas(Uncle John) sang a beautiful song to Pauline in honor of their 50 years together, the title of the song was I Couldn't Be Me, Without You


Here's my Dallas playing along. I was so glad to see him up there playing, I wish he would get his guitar out more. (It makes me want to learn how to play. It's not too late for us, we could still go out on tour and make millions. We could be the next Sonny & Cher hehe NOT!)


The Happy Couple dancing the Waltz.



Pauline thanked everyone for coming and talked about special things about each one of the children.  It was a surprise to the kids they didn't know she was going to do this.


Dallas and Pauline with their children
L to R Back Row - Dallas Sr (Uncle John), Dallas Jr (Myrle) & Hank
Front Row - Pauline, Debbie, Connie & Margie


Debbie's Family
Jeff, Karli, Mason, Barry and Debbie

Connie's Family
Connie, Sammie, Dylan, Jen, Brian & Aaryn


Hank's Family
Laurie, Caitlyn, Hank & Blake
Bradley's Family
Bradley, Tiffany & Shailee
Sant Family (Dal's Cousin)
Aunt Mona and Goose
The Happy Groom


Here they are opening some gifts.


This one is my Brother-in-law Barry, I had to put this one in for fun.  Unfortunately he is going to have a picture of me on his roll of film, but it was a funny shot we did this every time we passed each other.

Well, I have a lot more pictures of the party but this is all I am going to put on for now.

Remember though, this is just April 11th.  We still have more than half the month to go but I will post this now cuz if I wait to get it all done at once you might not ever see any of it.

7 comments:

SHELTON SHIPWRECK said...

That was a long one. I'm a bit shocked. JK you did a good job on the blog and the party. You Rock

Sherry said...

NICE! Maybe not Sunny and Cher but I could totally see you following in the footsteps of John Lennon and Yoko or the Tenille's....come on let's hear a little muskrat love. I want to see pictures of your moms kitchen.

Valarie said...

As I said in this post........... this is only April 11th, there is more to come. I just need to get to it. Be patient Sherry.

Bezzant said...

You weren't kidding on the snack thing. Your blog is funny also you make me laugh.

Valarie said...

The sad thing is, I am still working on updating more.
Stay tuned.

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. It looks like it sure turned out to be a nice family party. The pictures turned out great.

Teresa said...

Boy, I had to comment on the resemblance bewttwen Dallas and his Dad!! You sure don't need to go on Maury Povitch for a paternity test! "YOU ARE THE FATHER!!" lol